The Most Common Cause Behind Your Dry, Itchy, and Flaky Scalp By The Styling Stable Call US On 07 4789 2292
A dry and itchy scalp can dampen even the liveliest of moods. It can also be a major source of embarrassment as it is often accompanied by pesky flakes that fall onto your shoulders.
The most common cause behind a dry, itchy, and flaky scalp is uncontrolled dandruff. Dandruff is a condition caused by an overgrowth of a yeast-like fungus that feeds on the dead skin cells and oils on your scalp.
To control dandruff, most dermatologists recommend anti-dandruff shampoos. How often should you wash your hair? You need to wash your hair everyday or every other day to reduce buildup. Remember, the fungus that’s causing this condition feeds on dead skin cells and oils so it’s important to keep your hair and scalp as clean as possible.
In addition to cleansing your hair and scalp with an anti-dandruff shampoo, you can also control dandruff by doing the following:
– Manage stress. Yes, dandruff is often a symptom of unmanaged stress.
– Limit your use of hairstyling products. Daily use of styling aids can result in residue buildup.
– Cut back on the use of heat styling stools. Daily use of flat irons, hairdryers, and curling irons can damage your hair and dry our your scalp.
– Eat a healthy, balanced diet rich in zinc, B vitamins, antioxidants, and low in sugar to control dandruff flares.
– Use the right hair care products. Use salon quality products for daily cleansing and conditioning for healthier hair and scalp.
For more tips on hair and scalp care, call us for an appointment today!